The Europe Today

Discover, Engage & Empower

President Trump Commits $10 Billion U.S. Contribution to Board of Peace

President Trump Commits $10 Billion U.S. Contribution to Board of Peace

Washington, February 20, 2026 – The Europe Today:  Donald Trump has pledged a $10 billion contribution from the United States to the Board of Peace, underscoring Washington’s commitment to advancing global conflict resolution efforts.

Speaking during the board’s meeting in Washington, Trump described the initiative as a transformative platform for diplomacy and peacemaking.

“The Board of Peace is showing how a better future can be built right here in this room,” he said, according to media reports. “We’ve had great support for that number.”

Highlighting his administration’s diplomatic track record, Trump said that several long-standing disputes once deemed unsolvable had been resolved through determined engagement.

“So many conflicts, they say, are impossible to settle,” he continued. “Of those eight that we settled, most of them are said to be not settle-able. They not only got settled – they got settled in days. More impossible problems can be solved as we go along this beautiful path.”

The $10 billion pledge marks one of the largest contributions announced for the Board of Peace since its establishment, reinforcing U.S. leadership in efforts aimed at promoting dialogue, stability, and negotiated settlements in conflict-affected regions.

Officials said the funding is expected to support mediation frameworks, reconstruction initiatives, and confidence-building measures designed to foster sustainable peace worldwide.